The membership at the Erie Yacht Club currently has over 1350 members, which includes approximately 660 Regular Members, 300 Social Members, and 170 Junior Members. We are the home to sailors, fisherman, powerboaters, iceboaters, windsurfers, jetskiers, and many social members. Up to three generations of families comprise much of our membership. We are one big family at the Erie Yacht Club.
While Erie, Pennsylvania is home to most of the members, more than 10% of the members live outside of Erie County. In fact, the Erie Yacht Club has members living in 21 different states.
The club has 378 boat slips and 27 jet-ski docks. Powerboats occupy about 60% of the slips and sailboats occupy the remaining 40%. The average boat length at the Erie Yacht Club is just shy of 34 feet.
The members take part in many different volunteer activities including juniors sailing, docks and grounds, our auxilary, race committee, social activities, and many others. We have a large base of volunteers at the Erie Yacht Club which has a huge impact on our ability to maintian the finest facilities with resonable costs. We can never have too many volunteers so get involved if you are not slated already. There is always a fun productive group to join at the Erie Yacht Club.
If you are interested in joining the Erie Yacht Club visit our How Do I Join page or contact the office at 814-453-4931.